Sunday, March 30, 2008

Pizza Margherita

I am behind in posts because I was in France last week, so the next posts will be from several weeks ago and France posts will follow afterwards.

Much to my dismay, Devin doesn't often enjoy Italian dishes because he doesn't like most tomato-based sauces. When I came upon this sauce-less Pizza Margherita recipe in my Betty Crocker Entertaining Basics cookbook, I knew it would be perfect for Devin.


As I mentioned in an earlier post, I absolutely fail at doughs, so I cheated on this recipe and used a premade pizza dough bought from the grocery store. Although the recipe didn't call for any garlic, I crushed two garlic cloves and spread them over the pizza dough so the final product tasted like garlic bread pizza. On top of the dough and crushed garlic, I layered mozzarella cheese, sliced roma tomatoes, salt, pepper, basil, additional mozzarella cheese, and a drizzle of olive oil.


As much as I love, absolutely love, my carbs, I also enjoy a good thin-crust pizza. This was a fantastic pizza that was just as easy as frozen pizza and much faster than delivery.


And of course, being the dipper that I am, I always use this sushi plate to eat pizza because it has a perfect reservoir for holding olive oil and balsamic vinegar so that I can dip the crust.

No comments: